Contract Infrastructure Services for UK Airfields
With over 30 years of experience, Castle & Pryor is a leading infrastructure specialist in diamond drilling, concrete floor sawing, AGL installations, joint sealing and Maxi-Crete repairs. Offering bespoke solutions tailored to the unique needs of the aviation sector, our expertise, combined with our nationwide coverage, enables us to deliver timely, efficient, cost-effective services to airfield contractors across the UK.
Our Services For the Aviation Industry
Whether you need diamond or percussive drilling, floor sawing, AGL installations, joint sealing or Maxi-Crete repair, our expert team is ready to undertake your job with both expediency and accuracy. Here are some of the services we regularly perform in the aviation industry.
- Diamond Drilling: This precise and non-percussive technique can cut through reinforced concrete or asphalt with precision. Our diamond drilling teams utilise diamond-tipped drill cores to form holes of varying sizes depending on your construction requirements, ideal for M&E services, core testing and AGL installation. Learn more here.
- Percussive Rock Drilling: We use a selection of automated drilling rigs to offer efficient and precise hole formation for airfields, used for dowel/starter bar installation, induction line drilling, and more. We use an automated hands-free system, avoiding HAV issues and ensuring no dust is generated. Learn more here. Learn more here.
- Floor Sawing: Whether it's concrete or asphalt on runways, taxiways, or stands, our team can provide precise and efficient cutting services up to 620mm deep. Our range of equipment allows for demolition cuts, trenches, joint widening, cable chasing and aids in the removal of reinforced concrete. Learn more here.
- AGL Installation: Combining floor sawing, joint sealing, and diamond drilling, we’ll ensure precise installation and maintenance of airfield ground lighting systems, whether we’re installing on a new airfield or upgrading to LED units. Learn more here. Learn more here.
- Joint Sealing: Our expert team utilises MOD and Civil airfield approved sealant materials to protect concrete and asphalt joints against water ingress and contaminants that undermine the integrity of the concrete. Regular maintenance of these joints ensures the concrete’s longevity and avoids costly repairs in the future. Learn more here.
- Maxi-Crete Repair: A hot-applied, flexible material, Maxi-Crete is the aviation industry's preferred solution for repairing various defects in concrete surfaces. Maxi-Crete provides robust repairs, durable high-friction finishes, and effective protection against water ingress, with a quick return to service time preventing lengthy delays. Learn more here.
- Vac-Ex: A safe and efficient no-dig excavation solution, our Vac-Ex machines combine compressed air and suction to safely loosen and remove ground material. This enables the exposure of underground services without the need to use traditional excavating techniques eliminating service strikes. Any service strike has the potential to disrupt airport operations which unfortunately have financial consequences. Learn more here.
Speak to Our Team
With our extensive experience and deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by airfield contractors, we are perfectly positioned to provide the tailored, efficient, and cost-effective solutions you need. Contact us today to get an upfront quote for your project.
Decades of Trusted Expertise
Castle & Pryor is the clear choice for drilling, cutting, and infrastructure work across the aviation industry, offering prompt, expert, and cost-effective services.
- Clear Upfront Prices: We offer excellent work at competitive prices, with upfront no-obligation quotes available for all jobs. By combining jobs through services like AGL installation we can offer you further savings.
- 30 Years of Experience: We have over 30 years of experience across the UK, working in both commercial construction and the aviation sector. Our proven track record includes working with clients like Morgan Sindall at Heathrow Airport and has earned us consistently great feedback.
- Expert Team and Equipment: Our team includes operatives certified to NVQ 2, alongside CHAS certification and accreditation from Constructionline. We ensure the high standards of our work with the latest technology and equipment, from our fully automated percussion rock drills to our remote-controlled Vac Ex fleet.
- Fast UK-wide Service: We offer a 24/7 service across the UK, perfect for out-of-hours work in the aviation industry. Our projects are consistently finished on time and within budget, ensuring the reliable service our customers need. We maintain excellent communication throughout, ensuring everyone is on the same page.
- Safe and Sustainable: We prioritise both our environmental commitments as a company and the safety of our workspaces. Whether drilling, cutting, or joint sealing our team will ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines while limiting pollution. We possess an excellent safety record, with a dedicated health and safety consultant, and a team fully compliant with SMSTS and SSSTS accreditations.
Get a Free Quote and Expert Advice
Our team is available now to offer free quotes on all of our services, from diamond drilling to sawing, or AGL installations to joint sealing. Contact us now with the needs of your project to get started.
Get in Touch
Working With Our Team
Our team will discuss your needs and requirements at the beginning of a project to determine key deliverables. If necessary, we will conduct assessments at the designated site and will regularly communicate with you throughout the project's lifespan.Our team will discuss your needs and requirements at the beginning of a project to determine key deliverables. If necessary, we will conduct assessments at the designated site and will regularly communicate with you throughout the project's lifespan.