Castle and Pryor Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Castle and Pryor Ltd understands that your personal data is entrusted to us and appreciates the importance of protecting and respecting your privacy. To this end we comply fully with the data protection law in force in the UK and operate fully within the guidelines of the General Data Protection Regulations effective May 2018.
When we refer to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’, we mean Castle and Pryor Ltd website, our online sales, in store/online credit and all aspects of using www.castle-pryor.co.uk.
What personal data may we collect from you?
When we refer to personal data in this policy, we mean information that can or has the potential to identify you as an individual.
Accordingly, we may hold and use personal data about you as a customer, a loyalty card holder or in any other capacity, for example, when you visit one of our websites, complete a form, access our services or speak to us. Depending on what services you receive from us this may include sensitive personal data though this is unlikely.
Personal data we collect from you may include the following:
- information that you give us when you enquire or become a customer of us including name, address, contact details (including email address and phone number)
- details of purchases and other contact and correspondence we may have had with you
- information obtained from customer surveys, promotions and competitions that you have entered or taken part in
- customer feedback information you provide
- information about complaints
- information you give us when you make a payment to us, such as financial or credit card information
- other information received from other sources, including from your use of websites and other digital platforms we operate or the other services we provide, information from business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, or information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
- If you use our Site, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood) or, with your consent, precise geographic location data from your mobile device when the app is running and when it is not running.
- We may use and store this information to provide and improve features of our Site, for example, to tailor our Site on a needs-based manner to better facilitate your requests.
- Please see the Your Choices section, below, for more information about how to adjust your preferences, including those related to location information.
- When you visit our Site or open communications (such as emails), some information is automatically collected from devices (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet) used to visit or use our Site including, but not limited to, operating system, access times, browser information (e.g. type, language, and history), settings, and other data about your device that we use to provide the services or as otherwise described in this Policy ("device information").
- We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Site using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies (see our Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising Policy for more details).
Personal information, device information, and location information are collectively referred to as "your information".
How We Use Your Information
- We may use your information for the following purposes ("Purposes"), to: provide you with the services, products, and functionality offered on our Site and fulfil your requests, including, but not limited to, paying for services, and joining waitlists.
- Communicate with you about your account or use of our Site, services, products and/or functionality.
- Respond to, or follow up on, your comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer service.
- Communicate with you about special offers and other marketing communications.
- Operate and improve our Site, products, services, and functionality.
- Authenticate your credit or debit card account information.
- Tailor your experience on our Site, including search results and displaying relevant advertising.
- Provide information, services and products to our customers.
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; perform statistical analysis; protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; comply with our policies, procedures and legal obligations; and as otherwise consented to by you and as required or permitted by applicable law.
If you do not provide us with certain aspects of your information, we may not be able to fulfil the requested Purpose of collection, such as to respond to your queries or provide our Site to you.
- We may combine your personal information with device information and location information (with your consent, where required) to serve you specifically, such as to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions, or for advertising or advertising targeting purposes.
- When we combine personal information, device information and location information in this way, we treat it as, and apply all of the safeguards in this Policy applicable to, your information.
- Consistent with the above Purposes, we may communicate with you via electronic messages including email, text message, or mobile push notification to, for example: send you information relating to our products and services, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, and other news about products and services offered by us and other business partners.
- With your consent, where required, we may contact you at the mobile phone number that you provide to us by way of direct dial calls, autodialled and pre-recorded message calls, and text messages in connection with the above Purposes.
- We may aggregate personal information collected from you and other users as well as device information and location information (with your consent, where required) to produce general statistics that cannot be linked to you or any other specific user, and with which we attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve our services, and to analyse and understand how our Site and products are used.
- We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfill the Purposes outlined in this Policy and as otherwise needed to comply with applicable law and internal company policies.
How we share your information
- We will share your information with the following companies :-
Diamond Hire & Sales
- Our website contains links to our suppliers (third party) websites operating their own terms and conditions/Privacy notices also governed by the General Data Protection Regulations (May 2018).
- Should there be any breach of data by us we will notify you as soon as is reasonably possible after it has come to our attention.
Payment Card Information
- To use certain services on our Site (such as to make payments; and to purchase loyalty Cards), we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Site, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including, but not limited to, vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties), and you further agree to the following terms.
- When you use a credit or debit card to secure a reservation through our Site, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date, but excluding the CVV number) to our third-party payment service providers.
- When you initially provide your credit or debit card account information through our Site in order to use payment services, we provide your credit or debit card account information to our third-party payment service providers.
- We may share information with third parties for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties. We will do this on the basis of your consent, where required by law, and if not required by law on the basis of our legitimate interests in sharing data with our partners so that we can help you see offers and services which are most relevant to you. To learn more about your choices related to how we share your information with third parties, please see the Your Choices section below.
- We may share information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform functions on our behalf (e.g. hosting or operating our Site, data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, site analytics, data analysis, delivering marketing messages and advertisements, processing credit card payments, and providing fraud detection services). We do not authorise these third parties to use your information for purposes other than for which it has been provided, and do not authorise these third parties to disclose that information to unauthorised parties. We require these third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorised access or processing.
- We may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, courts, government agencies and other third parties where we believe that doing so would be in accordance with or permitted or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process, to defend the interests, rights, and/or property of us or others, or to respond to emergencies.
- We may disclose or transfer your information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
- We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our Site. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties in our discretion.
- We may otherwise share your information as directed by you or subject to your consent.
Security of your Information
- We take commercially-reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Site or through our Site, it will be protected by cryptographic protocols.
- We cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or your other information will always be secure or that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by us or our third-party service providers.
- Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited due to applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorised the instructions. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g. if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately as detailed in the Contact Us section, below.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- We collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Third parties may also view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for such third parties. The use of these technologies by such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy, except as required by law.
- Email - If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, you may click on the "unsubscribe" link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications. If you have an account with us, you may also opt-out of marketing emails in your account settings. Alternatively, to the extent that applicable law requires your prior opt-in consent to receive marketing and promotional emails, you can choose not to opt-in. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from one or all of our Sites, we may need to send you service-related communications.
- Application location choices - As detailed in the Information We Collect section, above, we may collect information about your location if you enable location services through the settings in your mobile device, or, as required, with your consent. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time to turn off the sharing of this location information with our Site. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Site. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
Access and correction of your information
- If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the information you have provided to us, you can access your account to view and make changes or corrections to your information. You may also contact us as detailed in the Contact Us section, below.
Changes to this Policy
- Except to the extent limited by applicable law, we reserve the right to update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices by prominently posting notice of the update on our Site, and as required, obtaining your consent.
- Any updates will become effective immediately after posting the updates to this Policy and apply to all information collected about you, or where required, upon your consent.
- You agree that you will review this Policy periodically.
- If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above.
- You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our Site.
- If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our Site.
- If we make any changes to this Policy that materially impacts previously collected information about you, we will obtain your prior express consent.
- You may complain to the ICO Information Commissioners Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF if you feel we are mishandling your data at any time.
- You may request us to remove part or all of the information we hold on you at any time.
- You may view or change any information we hold on you at any time
- You may unsubscribe from all/any mailings at any time and we will ensure you do not receive anything further although it may take up to one month before it becomes effective.
- You may ask us to send on any information we hold on you to a named third party at any time.
- You may request at any time NOT to be profiled or subject to automated decision making.